“I want to continue to be able to play competitive sport for as long as possible and achieve physical feats like reaching Mt. Everest base camp.”
For the better part of a decade Benjamin dedicated himself to his career as a fine dining chef, both here in Australia and in Europe. Years of 60-plus hour weeks being hunched over a bench, caused chronic lower back pain and forced Ben to wear a brace on a daily basis just to accomplish simple tasks. Benjamin’s physiotherapist recommended he take up Pilates to combat the damage. He quickly developed a passion for the discipline, which in turn prompted him to enrol at National Pilates Training and obtain his Diploma in 2012.
Benjamin’s passion for the method is forever evolving. He has firm plans to further himself as an instructor and quench his lust for knowledge through continued professional development. Currently Benjamin is teaching the Introduction to Anatomy for National Pilates Training where he teaches the basics through to the most practical way possible.
On top of this Benjamin is also working with players from the Western Crusaders American Football club as well as national representatives for the Australian Outback Women’s Gridiron team to help support their strength and flexibility.
- Diploma of Professional Pilates Instruction (91491 NSW)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Certificate III in Hospitality Operations
- Aligned for Life Pilates – CBD – Studio Manager
- National Pilates Training – Anatomy educator and Assessor
- 2012 teaching the Pilates Method and counting