“I want to keep my ballerina body.”
Chantel started Pilates while studying at The Australian Ballet School under the guidance of Andrew Baxter. With a 15 year career as a ballerina with the Hong Kong Ballet and English National Ballet, she danced the lead roles in Swan Lake, the Nutcracker and many George Balanchine works, as well as dancing for the Queen at Buckingham Palace, on the main stage at Glastonbury music festival and in the closing ceremony of the 2012 London Olympic Games.
Throughout her training and professional career, Pilates has always been a part of her everyday routine, strengthening her body for different roles and dance styles and also for injury prevention and rehabilitation.
Always knowing she wanted to be a Pilates teacher, after retiring from ballet Chantel completed her teaching training in the UK with Body Control Pilates. She returned to Melbourne in December 2015 to teach at Aligned for Life Pilates CBD and Moonee Ponds, bridging her qualification to the Diploma in Professional Pilates Instruction with National Pilates Training.
- Level 3 Matwork – Body Control Pilates UK – 2014
- Comprehensive Studio Certification – Body Control Pilates UK – 2015
- Advanced Diploma in Dance, Australian Ballet School – 1999
- Diploma of Professional Pilates Instruction (10537NAT)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE 40110)
- Aligned for Life – CBD – Instructor
- Aligned for Life – Moonee Ponds – Instructor
- 2015 teaching the Pilates Method and counting