“Pilates allows me to continually challenge my physical self”
Chantel started Pilates while studying at The Australian Ballet School under the guidance of Andrew Baxter. With a 15 year career as a ballerina with Hong Kong Ballet and English National Ballet in London, Pilates has always been a part of her everyday routine, strengthening her body for different roles and dance styles and also for injury prevention and rehabilitation.
Always knowing she wanted to be a Pilates teacher, after retiring from ballet Chantel completed her Pilates teaching training in the UK with Body Control Pilates. She returned to Melbourne in December 2015 to teach at Aligned for Life Pilates CBD and Moonee Ponds, bridging her qualification to the Diploma in Professional Pilates Instruction with National Pilates Training.
In 2017 Chantel joined National Pilates Training as Faculty Educator and Assessor, mentoring and guiding students on their Pilates Instructor journey.
Recently Chantel used the Pilates Method throughout her first pregnancy journey, where she experienced pelvic pain and instability, and then in her post natal period to regain her strength. She has a new appreciation for the human body, the changes it goes through to grow and birth a baby, and knows her first hand experience will help her guide fellow women through this amazing time.
Chantel opened the third Aligned For Life Pilates studio in Carlton in January 2021, bringing high quality Pilates to a new Melbourne community. Her new bub makes an appearance in many of her sessions!
- Level 3 Matwork – Body Control Pilates UK – 2014
- Comprehensive Studio Certification – Body Control Pilates UK – 2015
- Advanced Diploma in Dance, Australian Ballet School – 1999
- Diploma of Professional Pilates Instruction (10537NAT)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE 40110)
- Advanced Diploma of the Pilates Method (10839NAT) – currently studying
- Aligned for Life – Carlton – Studio Owner & Instructor
- 2015 teaching the Pilates Method and counting