“I want to continue running until I’m 80”
Darcy is a qualified Pilates Instructor after completing his Diploma with National Pilates Training, as well as an accredited Exercise Physiologist with Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA). Darcy has extensive experience in chronic disease management as well as rehabilitating musculoskeletal injuries.
With Darcy’s background in rehabilitation, he has an enhanced ability to add the ideal exercise to target those little injuries and niggles that don’t seem to go away. Darcy has been able to see first-hand not only the benefit Pilates has on his clients but with his own training as well. Darcy has incorporated Pilates into his own fitness routine which helped him to complete his first full marathon in 2020 as well as multiple half-marathons and triathlons.
Through competing in endurance sports, Darcy knows the right exercises for preventing and rehabilitating soft tissue injuries like hamstring tendinopathies or calf strains. As well as injury expertise Darcy can help improve performance with his specific breathing and sport specific drills to help with running efficiency, swimming and more.
- Diploma of Professional Pilates Instruction
- Masters of Clinical Science and Rehabilitation
- Bachelor of Exercise Science (Sports Practice)
- Aligned for Life, Moonee Ponds studio – Pilates instructor
- 5 Point Health, Ascot Vale – Accredited Exercise Physiologist
- Osteopathy One, Pascoe Vale – Accredited Exercise Physiologist