“I want to still be able to be climbing mountains when I’m 90.”
Katy first discovered Pilates over ten years ago when she was looking for a more stimulating fitness alternative to training at a regular gym. The mentally challenging aspect of Pilates, complimented Katy’s interest in nutrition.
Katy undertook post graduate studies in sports nutrition and began working on food policy for government organisations in 2003. After beginning a Masters in Exercise Physiology in 2011, she decided to defer to undertake her Diploma in Professional Pilates Instruction in 2012 with National Pilates Training.
Katy now works at Aligned for Life Moonee Ponds and has the enjoyable balance of teaching Pilates part time and working on food issues for government part time. In addition to the mental challenge she gets from both teaching and practicing Pilates, Katy has also found the practice of immense benefit physically. She uses\the Pilates method to rehabilitate from numerous injuries, including three serious bike accidents. Katy loves being able to share these benefits with clients and watch them discover for themselves how amazing the Pilates method can be for restoring physical ability and self-confidence.
- Diploma of Professional Pilates Instruction (91491NSW)
- Masters in Clinical Exercise Practice (deferred)
- Graduate Certificate in Sports Nutrition
- Bachelor of Economics
- Aligned for Life Pilates, Moonee Ponds
- Victorian Department of Environment and Primary Industries
Senior Policy Analyst, Food
- 2013 teaching the Pilates Method and counting
- 2006 practicing the Pilates Method and counting