“Eat well and enjoy movement and challenge to make the most of the gift that is your body.”
Lisa commenced a gym program as part of her rehabilitation after having a motorcycle accident resulting in a leg injury which left her unable to walk for 6 months. She soon realised that exercise needed to be a lifelong commitment to prevent and manage pain and maintain and increase strength and general conditioning to enable her to have the feeling of being in control of her body rather than it dictating her life and activity choices so in 2009 she decided to undertake the Personal Trainer certification to gain a better understanding of anatomy, exercises and programming, leading her to develop a keen interest in corrective exercise.
This led her in 2014 to undertake a weekend course in Pilates matwork, followed by a series of other Pilates short courses. Whilst working full-time in an administrative role, she commenced teaching Pilates in 2015 to friends, family, and a small community group as a volunteer developing a greater appreciation for it and how adaptable it is to all body types and fitness levels. In the process, she found that regularly practicing Pilates improved her postural alignment which had been negatively impacted by riding a motorcycle for many years combined with her long-term administrative role. Along the way she also began appreciating the benefits of a clean diet combined with regular exercise.
Wanting to gain a deeper understanding of the Pilates method, she took a year off her full-time role to undertake the Diploma of Professional Pilates Instruction in 2020 and now continues to enjoy passing on her combined knowledge and experience in personal training and Pilates onto others so that they may benefit from it too.
On weekends, Lisa enjoys hiking and bike riding.
- Diploma of Professional Pilates Instruction
- Buff Bones Certified & Licensed
- The Biomechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist Certified
- Studio Pilates Matwork 1, Matwork 2, Ball Circle Band, Foam Roller
- Certificate III in Fitness (Gym Instructor)
- Certificate IV in Fitness (Personal Trainer)
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment
- Diploma in Business Human Resources
- Aligned for life Pilates – CBD – Studio Instructor
- 2015 teaching the pilates method and counting