“I want to help heal the world by re connecting people with the joy of running.”
Maggie Macgill is a Pilates and Chi Running® educator with 18 years of international teaching experience. Maggie also holds a degree in research methods and is a qualified life coach. Maggie’s clients have included sufferers of acute and chronic pain through to professional sportspeople, Paralympians and Olympic gold medallists.
Maggie is currently Australia’s senior most Chi Running® coach and presents workshops to athletes and health care practitioners nationally. In 2015 Maggie gave the first formal delivery of her performance series of Pilates On The Run to sprinters from the Australian Paralympic team. The application of this program was so successful, yielding two Olympic silver medals and four world championship gold, that Maggie secured an ongoing coaching role with the team, which has since been expanded. Maggie is also involved in creating professional development seminars for Chi Running® instructors internationally.
Maggie is committed to her continuing education and growth as a practitioner, in particular through her connection to The Pilates Center in Boulder, the Chi Running® instructor community and her studies in Body Mind Centering®. After 18 years of teaching and physical practice Maggie has formed a clear understanding of Pilates as a highly potent life-giving practice that has transformative potential. Through her run-specific Pilates programs Maggie’s vision is to open the world of running to the joy doing Pilates On the Run.
- The Pilates Center Master’s Program, The Pilates Center (Boulder)
- Bachelor of Social Science (Hons.) Health Major, University of Queensland
- Pilates Instructor Certification Life Care Pilates and Physiotherapy
- Chi Running and Chi Walking Certified Instructor, Chi Living, Asheville, North Carolina
- Real Life Coach, Australian Institute of Real Life Coaches, Brisbane Australia
- Pilates Instructor Training Course, Life Care Physiotherapy, Brisbane Australia
- Aligned for Life Pilates – CBD studio – Principal Instructor
- Australian Institute of Sport and Victorian Institute of Sport – Pilates Instructor (Paralympic sprinting)
- Flow Holistic Performance Training – Holistic running coach and owner
- 2002 teaching the Pilates method in Australia, Canada, USA and counting
- 1998 fitness industry and counting