“It’s amazing what Pilates does for the mind and body…..”
Mel started practicing Pilates in 2012 after experiencing a back injury and chronic back pain, which left her unable to participate in her usual leisure and fitness activities. She began to feel amazing benefits for her mind and body almost immediately, and was keen to learn more about the method. In 2013, less than a year later, she began instructor training at the Pilates Fitness Institute of WA (PFI). While still studying her Diploma, Mel decided to make a big career change from working in the chemical industry to the Pilates industry. She was employed as an instructor and HR Manager at PFI before moving to Melbourne in 2016. Mel completed her Advanced Diploma of the Pilates Method at National Pilates Training in 2018, and has since joined NPT as a faculty educator and assessor. She is also an instructor at Aligned for Life Pilates.
Mel combines an analytical thinking style and a keen interest in the human body, with her passion for Pilates to assist her clients in achieving their individual health and fitness goals. She enjoys working with clients of all backgrounds, ages and fitness levels, with a focus on postural alignment and functional movement to enhance performance of the body in daily activities. Mel aims to continually develop her knowledge and skill as a Pilates teacher and educator, in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for clients and students, and for her own personal development. She is a Registered Professional Pilates Method Teacher (Level 2) with AUSactive, and regularly attends industry training courses, conferences and workshops. Most recently, Mel has completed Scolio-Pilates® training with Master Instructor, Helen New.
- Bachelor of Science (Multidisciplinary – Chemistry Major) – Curtin University
- Diploma of Professional Pilates Instruction (91491NSW) – Pilates Fitness Institute
- Advanced Diploma of the Pilates Method (10538NAT) – National Pilates Training
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE 40110) – CBD College
- Scolio-Pilates® Module I and II – Scolio-Pilates® Master Instructor – Helen New
- National Pilates Training – Faculty Educator and Assessor
- Aligned for Life Pilates (Melbourne CBD) – Instructor