“to be an open communicator with my body and respond with care, compassion and excitement”
Michelle is from Melbourne and has worked in professional musical theatre since 2008. A trained dancer from the age of 4, she has performed in such musicals as Chicago, Hairspray, Jersey Boys, Cabaret and many more.
She fell in love with Pilates in her early twenties and decided to train as an instructor with Breathe Education in 2014. She went on to teach for Breathe in 2015. Furthering her love of movement, she became a Barre instructor with Xtende Barre and Barre Attack. In 2018 she completed her Yoga teacher training with InYoga, as well as further training with Brain Kest Power Yoga and pre/postnatal yoga with Sarah Moore. After the birth of her first daughter in 2019, Michelle was passionate to share pelvic floor education with others. In 2020 she completed her Pre/Postnatal Pilates Training with Taube Pilates, as well as Pregnancy in motion with Tensegrity training and studied Pelvic Floor anatomy and physiology with Bliss Baby Yoga. You can join Michelle everyday to do Pelvic Floor exercises through her instagram account @pelvicfloor_pilatesandyoga. Finally in 2021 Michelle completed her Diploma of Professional Pilates Instruction with National Pilates Training, something she had wanted to accomplish since she first stepped foot into a Pilates Studio.
Michelle loves to encourage clients to take care of themselves and their bodies during class. She strongly believes that we can work the body whilst keeping our breath flowing and our mind connected. It’s one of her greatest joys to be able to express herself through movement and to create that opportunity for others.
- Diploma of Professional Pilates Instruction ( National Pilates Training)
- Certificate 200HR Yoga Teacher Training (InYoga – Nicole Walsh & Rod Galbraith) Certificate of Pilates Matwork & Reformer (Breathe Education)
- Certificate III and IV fitness (Breathe Education)
- Certificate of Allied Health Assistance (Breathe Education)
- Certificate of Barre Attack (Barre Attack)
- Certificate of Xtende Barre (Xtende Barre)
- Certificate of Nutrition (Australian Health Academy)
- Certificate of Pelvic Floor Anatomy & Physiology (Bliss Baby Yoga)
- Pregnancy in Motion – Tensegrity training (PILEQU502)
- Pre & Postnatal certificate – Taube Pilates Training
Aligned for life Pilates – CBD – Studio instructor
2015 teaching the Pilates method and counting