“Having a scoliosis myself, I am passionate about teaching special conditions. Pilates has helped me live a much stronger, happier and healthy life, and I teach because I want to help others do that.”
Kat is a Hobart born Pilates instructor, who moved to Melbourne to study a Bachelor of Musical Theatre at VCA.
Growing up with scoliosis, dancing and the injuries that came with it was the first introduction that she had to Pilates. Finding a good instructor was hard, but persistence was key.
With dedication, Pilates supported her in building greater strength than she had pre-injury. With her musical theatre days behind her, and a new career in Human Resources, Kat continued participating in Pilates to support her strength.
During Covid, Kat decided to study the Diploma in Professional Pilates Instruction with National Pilates Training, with the intention of helping others to live pain free and experience the joy and strength of Pilates.
- Diploma of Professional Pilates Instruction (10838NAT)
- Professional Pilates Matwork Instruction (NPTDIP211)
- Bachelor of Musical Theatre (Victorian College of the Arts, University of Melbourne)
- Aligned for Life – Carlton – Studio Instructor
- 2022 teaching the Pilates Method and counting