“I want to keep improving and get better and better and better as a person and as a teacher.”
Katrina has an extensive background in classical ballet and the Pilates Method.
Katrina started her journey with the Pilates method in 1998 undertaking a teaching apprenticeship with Craig Phillips at Dance Medicine Australia, Melbourne in the setup of the first Pilates studio in Melbourne. Since then Katrina has continued to undertake further advanced training. Completing formal accreditation with Body Arts and Science International (BASI) in 2000–2001 followed by Diploma in Professional Pilates Instruction with Sally Anderson and PITC and then Advanced Diploma of the Pilates Method.
Katrina is a trainer for the Pilates International Certification Program (PICP) and a Director and Faculty Educator of National Pilates Training delivering the Pilates instructor training course Certificate IV in Pilates Matwork Instruction (91492 NSW), Diploma of Professional Pilates Instruction (91491 NSW) and the Advanced Diploma of the Pilates Method (91490 NSW).
- Advanced Diploma of the Pilates Method (91490 NSW)
- Diploma in Dance (Australian Ballet School)
- Body Arts & Science Pilates Certification
- Pilates Armchair Certified
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE 40110)
Aligned for Life Pilates pty ltd– Director, Principal Practitioner
- National Pilates Training – Co-Founder, Director of Training
- Australian Ballet School – Conditioning Specialist, Student Development Co-ordinator
- Melbourne City Football Club – Pilates Consultant
- Western Bulldogs Football Club – Pilates Consultant
- 1988 teaching the Pilates Method and counting